I think one of our favorite things to do besides staying hours at the stables is watching series and movies. We have summed up some of our favorites:
1. Heartland (series) When Amy's mother passed away she is devastated but driven to safe her family's company. She safes abused and neglected horses by the things she learned from her mother.
2. Free Rein (series) A 15-year old from LA spends the summer at her mom's childhood home on an island off the coast of England, where she bonds with a mysterious horse. (On netflix)
3. Wildefire (series) Wildfire follows eighteen-year-old Kris Furillo who, after serving time at a teen detention center, is given the opportunity to start a new life. Her talent with horses is recognized by a volunteer and local trainer, who arranges a job for her at the Ritter's family run ranch. Thrown into a completely new environment, Kris must learn to deal with the challenges of fitting in, while trying not to disappoint the one family willing to give her a chance. The Ritters are facing challenges of their own even as they reach out to help Kris. Patriarch Henry Ritter and his daughter Jean are in a critical stage of their battle to save the ranch from financial ruin.
4. Flicka (Movie) Young Katy claims a wild horse as her own -- an effort to prove to her father that she is capable of one day taking over the family ranch.
5. Seabiscuit (Movie) True story of the undersized Depression-era racehorse whose victories lifted not only the spirits of the team behind it but also those of the nation as well.
6. Hildalgo (Movie) A man enters a long-distance race across the Arabian Desert.
7. War Horse (Movie) Young Albert enlists to serve in World War I after his beloved horse is sold to the cavalry. Albert's hopeful journey takes him out of England and to the front lines as the war rages on.
8. Spirit (Movie & Series (on Netflix) Follow Spirit the young Mustang through the American frontier and his adventures.
9. Dreamer (Movie) A horse loving family risks everything to nurse an injured race horse back to health and get him back on the track.
10. Virginia’s run (Movie) A teenage girl, trying to come to grips with the death of her mother in a horse-riding accident, nurtures the foal of her mother's horse.
11. Walk. Ride. Rodea (Movie) A courageous teenager is determined to resume competitive rodeo months after her paralyzing spinal cord injury.(Netflix)
12. Rodeo & Juliet (Movie) Big-city girl goes to the country and meets a special horse and young cowboy who teaches her to barrel race, while her mother reconnects with a local rancher she was in love with 20 years earlier.